Friday, November 6, 2009

Dr Martens boots made in Thailand?

Today I saw a pair of Dr Martens boots for $190.00 Australian. I looked at the tongue of the boot and saw that they were made in Thailand. I thought Docs were British, and if they are made in Asia, why are they so expensive.


I've never owned a pair, but was thinking about buying some until I saw they werent made in England.


Does anybody have the Thailand made boots, are they as good as the British made ones.

Dr Martens boots made in Thailand?
Yeah you're right they used to be made in England up until a while ago. I haven't seen any Thai made ones personally, but I am gussing the company moved production there because it is ALOT cheaper, which to me screams QUALITY COMPROMISE!!


Just my opinion anyway, I would suggest getting some second hand ones that are made in Britain.
Reply:Dr Martens has an excellent brand reputation - and that's essentially what you are paying for. Just because production has been outsourced doesn't mean the quality will be any less. The company certainly isn't going to risk its reputation by producing less-than-perfect boots.


Thailand has some excellent manufacturing facilities and you can be certain that Dr Martens is going to be checking the quality of everything that bears its name.


I guess production in the UK got so expensive to the extent that the price would have had to increase substantially in order for the company to continue to sell boots at current prices. Would you be prepared to pay maybe double just because it's made in England?


Rest assured - Made in Thailand isn't a bad thing at all.



kmdi

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

boots Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting